Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chattahoochee River - Atlanta, GA














Word got out fast yesterday after the hatchery truck made a visit. The water remains in "delayed harvest" status for another month, but the "catch and release" fishermen were out in force - on a workday. I woke up sick and decided I was too contagious to go in. After a shot in the ass and a prescription, I swung by the River. I landed a 12" brown in the first pool I fished, but no other takers. I thought sun block would be good - for my co-workers that don't understand the illness. There's no way I can show up for work tomorrow with sun on my face. I love Spring!

I elbowed into another spot and hooked up right away. The DNR has apparently dropped some large browns and my 3 wt. made me work. I lost that fish after several runs against my reel and three more fish after that. Several drifts of an EHC and I connect again. It's a subtle take and I suspect a weak fish. Fifteen seconds later I knew I was wrong. No measurement but I believe this thick brown was 15+ - and really pissed!

No comments: