Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Davidson River - Brevard, NC



Out of the office before 3:00 PM Friday and I'm rolling north to get some. I planned to fish two North Carolina rivers - the East Fork of the French Broad on Saturday and the Davidson on Sunday.

The East Fork is a "delayed harvest" river in true North Carolina style. There are plenty of fish and they're not too particular. I connect with several and land two stock browns. Great morning of fishing. I head to the Davidson for the evening feed but get skunked my first time on this classic river.

I sneek up 475B and camp at the approach to the Nose on Looking Glass. My son and I climbed the Nose maybe 6 years ago and the place brings back a strong feeling. Climbers waited and wondered Saturday night if the crags would dry enough to climb, but it didn't happen. The Smokies pissed all weekend like they do. Sunday morning on the Davidson and the skunk is gone - two brookies to hand on midges and two more hooked but lost. I will be back.

No comments: