Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tuckaseegee River - Silva, N.C.



Got into the river and fished for an hour before dark without so much as a nibble. I camped in a pullout right on the river, across from the waste treatment plant - a poor decision. Rain rolled in overnight and I awoke to a steady drizzle, no different than any Saturday in recent memory. I drove up river and parked at the 116 bridge. I inflated my tube and waited for the rain to slow just a bit. An hour later I was floating. No fish at the bridge, but the fishing, and weather, picked up on the next several runs and continued through the rest of the morning. I landed several and LDR'd several more rainbow and brook trout all 10-12 inches. The brown booger took a few, but these fish loved the junk - pink and yellow worms and egg patterns were the hot ticket. Lots of guided fishermen floating through in some beautiful drift boats.

No comments: